Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pal03
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate values in slicer Please help

hello all ,

i have a table and a slicer with that table. The slicer for account doesnt show unique values and its repeating itself Slicer repeat values.png

I dont have any spaces and the data is clean. I have sorted by date column thats when the Account starts repeating itself. When I sort by account I see only unique values. Please advise how to get distinct values in Slicer for account when I have it sorted by date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pal03,

You can new a calculated table to list unique account values:

account = VALUES(TestData[Account]) 

Create a one to many relationship from 'account' to 'TestData' based on [Account] field. Add 'account'[Account] into slicer, to filter data table.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mkjit256
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had the same problem and i was able to solve it by a simple copy of the [Account] Column to a new column and that fixed my problem. 

VoHoPBI
Regular Visitor

I had the same issue. Root cause was that I had the column "Grp" with duplicated entries sorted by a "Sortorder" Column.
Usually you cannot sort a column with duplicated entries by another column, that has distinct values for this duplicated entry.
But I changed the Values in Sortorder after "Sort By", so my table looked like this:
The distinct values in Sortorder seem to force the Slicer to show each duplicated values in Grp

Grp                Line                 Sortorder

Discounts      Rebates           1  

Discounts      Sales Disc        2

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pal03,

You can new a calculated table to list unique account values:

account = VALUES(TestData[Account]) 

Create a one to many relationship from 'account' to 'TestData' based on [Account] field. Add 'account'[Account] into slicer, to filter data table.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft ,

Doing as you suggest produces a circular dependency error:

BIBen_0-1629805742406.png

Has this functionality been depricated?

Pal03
Frequent Visitor

it is something to do with sort in the modeling ribbon the way we have sorted our columns, Not sure how I fixed it . not sure if its a bug or what 

I sorted the suspect column by itself, and the issue went away

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.