Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cma2
Regular Visitor

Dual Bar and Line graph to two y-axis

Hi,

How can I create the below chart into powerBI? This is a dual bar graph where it shows target goals as the two lines. So in this case, the deep blue bar and the red line corresponds to the left y-axis. Meanwhile the purple bar and the lighter blue line corresponds to the right y-axis.

Untitled.png

I've gotten something similar in power BI, but the "bars' and the "lines" both corresponding to only one axis (ie bar only to left axis and line to right axis) and I can't get same data. Please note that the chart has to look these way due to some business reason.

Edit: Just to add, I have to exact same datain powerBI. I can put the data into the chart, but I just can't make it look the same way.

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Cma2 

As of now, the visualization that comes with powerbi cannot meet your needs.

I would suggest you  try to  get more visuals in 'AppSource'.

48.png

You can also  post your idea and add your comments  on Power BI Ideas forum to make this feature coming sooner. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Cma2 , enable secondary axis on Clustered bar and line visual, That will give all lines on the secondary axis.

refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-combo-chart

Hi,

I've done so, however like I said previously... The problem with that is both of the bars scales to the right y-axis and both of the line scales to the left axis. I need to be able to customize which line corresponds to which axis, for example I need blue bar and red line correspond to the right y-axis, and purple bar/light blue line correspond to the left y-axis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.