Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pbi_apprentice
Regular Visitor

Drillthrough - removing filters or predeterminating the ones to be used

Hi,

I have data that refers to events, with my rows being something like this :

[App Name], [date], [Familly of Event], [value]

So at the moment, I've got a visual that allows me to see what are the most frequent family events, and the concerned apps, according to [values], and a slicer to filter by date.

I'd like to do a drill through from there, so I can get more details about the app I see in this visual, but the problem, is that it keeps the [family of Event filter], and thus I am not seeing all information about the app on the previously selected time period.

snip.PNG

Here my [Family of Event] is 'Socle' and 'Appli', but I don't want to keep this filter when doing my drillthrough.

My target page is takes 'Application' as extraction field, I've tried adding my [Date] fields and de-activating 'keep all filters', without success ( it would drillthrough the 'Application field')

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Here is a image from my data model :

Capture.PNG

I'm trying to sort my Apps according to 'Values' and sort them in the previous visual by 'Famille applicative'. The desired result is that when i drillthough the visual, i keep all filters except the 'Famille applicative' one, because it's only purpose was organizing the data in the visual.

In the end I worked around my problem by creating an independent table for the category i was filtering on that would be used to filter this visual only, and thus, even if the filter was kept later, it didn't impact my other pages. (I also had to make a custom measure for 'Values' that depended on my new table.

But I hope there is another way to do this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbi_apprentice ,

The premise of drilling requires a corresponding hierarchical structure.You may wish to use the edit interactions function to select the objects that need to be filtered.

Can you provide more information (such as the test data model for deleting sensitive information and screenshots of the expected results) I will answer you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi,

Here is a image from my data model :

Capture.PNG

I'm trying to sort my Apps according to 'Values' and sort them in the previous visual by 'Famille applicative'. The desired result is that when i drillthough the visual, i keep all filters except the 'Famille applicative' one, because it's only purpose was organizing the data in the visual.

In the end I worked around my problem by creating an independent table for the category i was filtering on that would be used to filter this visual only, and thus, even if the filter was kept later, it didn't impact my other pages. (I also had to make a custom measure for 'Values' that depended on my new table.

But I hope there is another way to do this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.