Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough automatically apply to visible slicer on page?

So I have a dashboard page that shows some graphs by quarter.

I also have a deatil page that shows item details and that page has a visible filter on the page for quarter.

I would like to setup a drillthrough button that when a user clicks on a particular quarter in one of the dashboard graphs, they can click the drillthrough button to be taken to the detail page. This works correctly, but the visible filter on the page will say "All" even though the user might have drilled through after selecting Q2. The data on the detail page is correctly filtered for Q2, but it's a little misleading when the visible slicer says all. Is there a way to have the visible slicer adjust based on the quarter chosen to drill-through?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Not sure if i understand you correctly, but I believe the "ALL" on the detail page means all of the selected value?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I far as I remember Drill through is visual at the page level filters. And Slicer is not Impacted. As suggested by @parry2k , you can use sync slicers

Check for any exiting idea or create the new one at :https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous first of all not sure why you have slicer on drill through the page, since you are selecting slicer value on the main page and then slicer doesn't have any relevance on drill thru page.

but if you still want to display the slicer, you should use sync slicer between pages so that is always showing the same selection. 

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.