Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through report only show last day of month or current day of current month data

I am wokring on a stacked column chart where i need to enable drill through report. That need to show the last day of the month value or current day of the current month. 

Stacked column as  X axis (Year and Month ) And Y Axis Count of project on the State basis

samz_1-1594241455437.png

Here the count it showing as count of project on every month last day and current day current month. But my issues is that when drill through the report it shows all the day of the perticular month which we have selected (For ex if i select July month , drill through show all the record in july other that current day for the selected state). 

I need tp enable the same logic like last day / current day data in the drill though report 

I am thinking that it is due to the Year and month value in X axis. if so how can i achive the same logic in Drill though report aswell. 

Kindly help me on this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AiolosZhao
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, as you said, the drill through function will filter the data based on the x-axis in your chart, but not the filter in your measure.

So you can't get the last day for that month.

I have a workaround for you, you need to create a flag in your dataset, the flag shows the last day of every month or the current day on the current month.

And on the drill through page, you put the flag as the page filter, then choose it as "yes".

After that, when you use the drill through, the power bi will filter by x-axis, and the page filter will give you the last day value.

Hope that's what you want.

Please try.

Aiolos Zhao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AiolosZhao
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, as you said, the drill through function will filter the data based on the x-axis in your chart, but not the filter in your measure.

So you can't get the last day for that month.

I have a workaround for you, you need to create a flag in your dataset, the flag shows the last day of every month or the current day on the current month.

And on the drill through page, you put the flag as the page filter, then choose it as "yes".

After that, when you use the drill through, the power bi will filter by x-axis, and the page filter will give you the last day value.

Hope that's what you want.

Please try.

Aiolos Zhao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AiolosZhao 

Thank you so much. It worked perfectly. 😍

Glad to help you~

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.