Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Slowpoke1
Frequent Visitor

Drill-through & Removing Filters

I'm struggling to get a drill-through action to work the way I want it to and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

On my main page I have data in a table that looks something like the below:

Slowpoke1_0-1696280723701.png

In a card visual, I have the measure SELECTEDVALUE(TABLE[ITEM CATEGORY])

The envisioned workflow is that a user clicks on a row in the table, the card populates with the item category, and the user can drill-through from the card to look at data aggregated at the category level.

What I'm have trouble with is removing all the filters that carry over from the drill-through. I tried creating new measures with CALCULATE(measure, REMOVEFILTERS(Sub-Category, Item Number)) and CALCULATE(measure, ALLEXCEPT(Item Category) but neither seems to work.

Appreciate any help on this.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Slowpoke1 , on Drill through page you can turn off the keep all filters, and then what fields are added to drill through, will be passed to the page.

amitchandak_0-1696300614189.png

Power BI Drill Through - More than one level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAAvpppQmk

@amitchandak - thanks but unfortunately keep all filters is greyed out for me as I am drilling through on summarized data (I believe that's why). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.