Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TapZxK
Helper II
Helper II

Drill down inherits values, looking for help.

Hi Folks, 

I'm setting up this Project Performance Dashboad and I have run in to a problem with visaul. 

In this case I'm using The "Clustered Column Chart" To represent project Costs and Billings side by side. 

I have also enabled drill through option so that PM's can click on their project and see Total cost of PayRoll and Non Payroll and even further to see total cost of Each Person in that project. 

Now cost drilldown works fine, it automatically filters even down to specific employee costs. but what is hapenning is that it also next to the employee shows the TOTAL AMOUNT of BILLINGS. 

I have attached pictures for you to see the problem. 

My Drill-Through is set like this.

1. Project Group Level

2. Project Name Level

3. Cost Group (Payroll / Non Payroll) Level

4. Employee Enterprise ID Level

What I would like to have is so that Costs VS Billings are shown only on 1. Project Group and 2. Project Name sections, after that I would want only the costs to be seen without a comparison to Billings. So the problem is at steps 3 and 4 

I would greatly appreciate your help. 

1. Project Group Level1. Project Group Level2. Project Name Level2. Project Name Level3. Cost Group Level3. Cost Group Level4. Employee Cost level4. Employee Cost level

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @TapZxK 

You can write a mesure that will check what level you are on and when you are at the Cost Group or Employee return blank otherwise return [Total Billed].

Total Billed Filtered =
IF ( ISINSCOPE ( TableName[Cost Group Field] ) || ISINSCOPE ( TableName[Employee Enterprise ID Field] ), BLANK(), [Total Billed] )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @TapZxK 

You can write a mesure that will check what level you are on and when you are at the Cost Group or Employee return blank otherwise return [Total Billed].

Total Billed Filtered =
IF ( ISINSCOPE ( TableName[Cost Group Field] ) || ISINSCOPE ( TableName[Employee Enterprise ID Field] ), BLANK(), [Total Billed] )

Thanks @jdbuchanan71 ,

worked like a charm. 

BR,

Kris

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.