Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KH
Frequent Visitor

Drill Through feature not working in Published reports

Anyone facing issue where drill through feature is not working for published reports? It is working within PowerBI software. Is it a temporary glitch or permanently disabled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @KH

Yes, it was a bug about old look,and now it has been fixed,see the post below;

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Drillthrough-not-working-in-Service-Very-basic-example-atta...

If your iusse has been solved ,can you make it as answered to close it?

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KH

Have you made any changes on your report after publishing to service?If there's no further data can be drilled through,the feature will temporarily disappears.

As based on my test ,it works fine,pls see below:

Annotation 2020-03-04 162040.png

Here is the reference about drillthrough.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Thanks. It seems to be working intermittenly on my laptop. Might be a localized issue in my device. I will monitor.

Hi @KH

Yes, it was a bug about old look,and now it has been fixed,see the post below;

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Drillthrough-not-working-in-Service-Very-basic-example-atta...

If your iusse has been solved ,can you make it as answered to close it?

Best Regards,
Kelly
rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Yesterday we have received the same request on drillthrough  Please check and do the same process to work the after publish the report to services.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Drillthrough-after-published-not-working/m-p/955049#M457653

Please check the above link 

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!

Hi, I want to drill through different pages within the same report. E.g. I have "Summary", "Page 1", "Page 2"  in my report. I have enabled the drill through for all pages in the PBI Desktop. I have also enabled it in the Published Service. While the drill through works in the Desktop, it does not work in the Service.

What do you suggest I do?

@KH ,

Make sure your page bookmark should also be updated. Just enable the Drill through option on your visuals then update the Bookmark with that state then published it.

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍 and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.