Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Speshul
Frequent Visitor

Drill-Down Donut clears all selections

Hello,

I am using a Matrix to show sales summary data for a list of Customers, and some other default visuals and charts.  I also have a "Drill-Down Donut" visual in place to show product category details.  It is a two level hierarchy, weighted by Sales.  I prefer this visual because it works more intuitively for drilling down.

When I make a selection on the Matrix to focus a customer, all of the visuals do as I would expect and change to reflect only the selection.  When I go to the Drill-Down Donut and try to click a slice to see the next heirarchy level, at first it works fine, but a moment later the Matrix selection clears by itself.

The Donus chart is set to interact with nothing - while everything else is set to interact with it.  The "Drilling filters other visuals" option is unchecked and greyed out/disabled.

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Speshul,

By my tests, I could see the output like below. I'm not clear if you want to get this output.

Capture.PNG

If it is convenient, could you share some data sample and screenshots so that I can understand your scenario better.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That looks similar, except when I select any slice on the chart to focus or drill, the selection on the matrix on the Left in your example resets its selection

Hi @Speshul,

That looks similar, except when I select any slice on the chart to focus or drill, the selection on the matrix on the Left in your example resets its selection

If you don't disable the visual interactions between the visuals, the value in matrix will be filtered by the value you selected in Donut charts.

I'm a little confused about your scenario. If it is convenient, could you share some screenshots to describe your problems and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortuantely due to the nature of the data I am working with, a screenshot would have so many black boxes on it that it would not be helpful.

The sample screeshot you posted is basically what I am trying to do, usign this chart:

https://devinknightsql.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/image10.png?w=811

Selecting a row from the matrix correctly filters this chart, however when I make a selection on the chart to focus or drill down, the Matrix selection clears.  It works perfectly, for about a second, before it clears though.

For interactions, the Chart is currently set to neither filter nor Highlight any other visual, including the Matrix.  There are a total of 6 visuals, all are set to "None" when the chart is highlighted.

Hi @Speshul,

Selecting a row from the matrix correctly filters this chart, however when I make a selection on the chart to focus or drill down, the Matrix selection clears.  It works perfectly, for about a second, before it clears though. 

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue.

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.