Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FlowHawk

Downloaded PBIX Throwing Errors

To fix an error with a measure to a published report, I've downloaded the PBIX from the workspace. Upon opening the PBIX, I get this error:

FlowHawk_0-1618421468396.png

"Something went wrong
Unable to get the formula text for..." and reference to a table.

Upon clicking cancel, it tells me there are pending changes with every query in my model.

That's as much as I have to go off of. Any idea what could be wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FlowHawk ,

Has your problem been solved?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No, we ended up assuming the PBIX was corrupted somehow and started with an earlier working version. No idea what happened.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FlowHawk ,

There may be a problem with the data source of the table ‘Section1/LatestRefresh’. Please check whether this table can be refreshed normally(Right-click the table name of this table in the field bar.).

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

are you able to open it at all or does it kick you out?   How old is the report?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

The report is one month old. It allows me to click cancel, then proceeds with telling me every query has pending changes. Any idea why this would happen on a downloaded PBIX?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.