Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dot Plot with Fixed Y-Axis

I am trying to create a Dot Plot that has a fixed Y-Axis that will allow me show the full range of possible Y-Values even if there isn't a data point that is plotted against that Y-value.

I would like to show all of the categories along the Y-Axis (fromm Unaware to Buy In) even if the category is empty and there isn't a data point that falls into that category. For example, if there wasn't a data point plotted at (3, Acceptance) I would still want the Acceptance category to be shown in order on the Y-Axis. How can I do this? 

Ex.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may tick the option "Show items with no data" .

103.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may tick the option "Show items with no data" .

103.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Select to include null values.  And/or set the min and max values for that axis manually.

HTH

Michele

Hi @Anonymous 

Few more details. In the Formatting pane, play around with these settings.  Also try switching between Linear and Log.

HTH

Michele

dotplot1.pngdotplot2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. I have looked into the Axis settings but haven't been able to find anything...

The "Commitment Level" field in Category I is populating my Y-Axis but is only showing the categories that contain data (Unaware-1, Aware-2, Understanding-3, Buy In-5) and not showing Acceptance-4 because there are no data entries in the category. How do I solve for this?

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.