Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mmaguire201
Regular Visitor

Donut/Pie Chart Color/Legend Ordering

I am wondering if there is a way to select the order in which categories appear in a donut/pie chart. In my example below, the data seems to be populated randomly. (These are two different donut charts placed on top of the other). I would like the color ordering to be intuitive, like from one end of the spectrum to the other. Green --> light green ---> grey ---> light red --> red or vice versa.

mmaguire201_0-1715691129173.png

The table below displays the data for the donut chart relating to specific capacity (outside ring of the above chart). I would appreciate it if anyone has any tips for this- I am relatively new to PowerBI.

W1-1-10%
W1-210%
W1-30%
W1-4 
W1-530%
W1-630%
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If you click the chart, there should be ellipsis on the top right (...). If you click that, you can sort your leged/axis.

If this doesn't work and you need to have a custom order sort. I would recommend creating a seperate table with 1 column of your attribute, and the other column with your custom order. Connect this table to your fact table on attribute, and you can then sort it based on your custom order. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If you click the chart, there should be ellipsis on the top right (...). If you click that, you can sort your leged/axis.

If this doesn't work and you need to have a custom order sort. I would recommend creating a seperate table with 1 column of your attribute, and the other column with your custom order. Connect this table to your fact table on attribute, and you can then sort it based on your custom order. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.