Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eduardosilvin2

Don't summarize values in table visual

Hi,

I have a table with a lot of detail in a visual. 

The table in data section is ok,  for example for column "No Pedido" I have 18 registered data as "001-07" as I show in the first image.

But when I create the table as a visual and applying "don't summarize" in all the collumns, some data is summarized, for example the "001-07 have just 15 records (as shown in the second image).

Thanks so much in advance

eduardosilvin2_0-1670455121029.png

eduardosilvin2_1-1670455231312.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @eduardosilvin2 ,

The 'don't summarize' means that the field/column will not be aggregated (count, sum, first, last, etc) but will not stop other  non-aggregated column  from not being repeated like as shown in the data view. The workaround is to add a column with values that are always unique per row (values that don't repeat in any other rows)  like an index column. Of course, I'd change the value color of the index column as well as that of the header so they blend with the background (eg  white text on a white background).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @eduardosilvin2 ,

The 'don't summarize' means that the field/column will not be aggregated (count, sum, first, last, etc) but will not stop other  non-aggregated column  from not being repeated like as shown in the data view. The workaround is to add a column with values that are always unique per row (values that don't repeat in any other rows)  like an index column. Of course, I'd change the value color of the index column as well as that of the header so they blend with the background (eg  white text on a white background).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

So simple and effective, thank you so much, not only gave me a solution but you explained it. Really appreciate it.

Regards 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.