Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Igor_P
Frequent Visitor

Distribution of Task Budget over Task Period

Hi,

I`m rather new to PowerBI and only begin my DAX journey. I understand that my case has been answered several times, but unfortunately i could not adjust provided answeres to my case. My bad, of course.

General comments: this is classical project management issue to deal with projects, their tasks and task budget. A project has stages (e.g. equipment purchase or construction works), each stage is splitted to tasks (approvals, tenders, contract execution etc.). Budget (money) is attached to task.

Taks duration, start and end dates are flexible. Budget amounts are flexible.

Input data: task budget, task start and finish date (actual and forecast). All calculations to be done in PowerBi or PowerQuery.

Could you plesae help with the following issue:

1. Even distribution of task budget over task period to have possibily of project budget allocation on a period (project portfolio budget by years, quarters and months) 

2. Ability to form diagrams and reports on budget per period (year, quarter, month); tasks, stages and projects per period.

Hope for your help.

Thank you. 

Model Attached 

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Igor_P ,

Do not have permission to access the link, please check.

In order to better understand your demands and give the right solution, could you please provide some more specific information? such as your desensitized example data and a screenshot of your desired results?

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Please try to check link

Hi,

a bit confused how to upload *.pbix here, i'll try to do it a bit later.

As for your questions:

Model Structure is as follows:

1.JPG

Data: Budget Table:

2.JPG

TaskPeriods Table:

3.JPG

Task and Stage Tables:

Igor_P_1-1716459575816.pngIgor_P_2-1716459595994.png

Result would be nice to see as below (I give data in form of tables, diagrams will be added after)

Yearly Distributed Project Cost/Budget

Igor_P_3-1716460666713.png

Monthly Distributed Cost/Budget (2024 Year example)

4.JPG

Also model should allow to make analitics by Stages, Tasks, Periods. Then i would add actual / forecast analysis and so on...

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.