Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Xilitor01
Helper III
Helper III

Distinct Count calculated wrong

Hi,

I want to make a KPI counting the Participants in a survey. When I have the participants in a table it shows correctly, but once I transform these into a count or distinct count it shows incorrectly.

You can see below what I mean:

Don't summarize:

Xilitor01_1-1636537742601.png

Distinct Count:

Xilitor01_0-1636537713146.png

I want to make a card showing the KPI of 1 instead of 5 - because you can see there's only one participant when I 'Don't Summarize'.

I have tried all three posibilities in terms of joins from the two tables (Both, table1 filters table 2 and table 2 filters table 1).

I hope someone can help.

Thank you! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Xilitor01
Helper III
Helper III

The problem was fixed with creating a measure to filter the data instead of using the filter-panel.
So the measure was:

Filter =
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('5GENAVGPARTICIPANTVIEW'[PARTICIPANTID]),FILTER(V_BENCHMARK, [PBISlicer Check] = 1))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

check the raw data itself and do the calculation manually cause that way you did it should wr=ork fine for what you asking 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Xilitor01
Helper III
Helper III

The problem was fixed with creating a measure to filter the data instead of using the filter-panel.
So the measure was:

Filter =
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('5GENAVGPARTICIPANTVIEW'[PARTICIPANTID]),FILTER(V_BENCHMARK, [PBISlicer Check] = 1))

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.