Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

steveray

Displaying multiple Yes/No field in a % complete visual

Hi All, 

This is my first post so go easy on me!

I am creating a report dashboard that is capturing the progress of a document approval process (the data is being captured in a Yes/No column on a sharepoint list). At the completion of each step the column in the sharepoint list is changed to Yes.

How do i convert the Yes/No data to allow me to display these results as a percentage complete in a visual?

steveray_0-1632285835290.png

Any assistance would be grately appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
steveray

@amitchandak 

Document Request #1st Draft Complete2nd Draft CompleteFinal Draft ApprovedUploadedTask Completed
1YesYesYesYesYes
2YesYesYesYesNo
3YesYesYesNoNo
4YesYesNoNoNo
5YesNoNoNoNo
6NoNoNoNoNo

For Example in the report when 'Document Request #1' is selected a visual such as a 'gauge' will be displayed showing the percentage complete (e.g 100% complete).

I would like to be able to give the requestor a visual on the status of their request.

Hope that make sense

Thanks

Hi @steveray,

I'd like to suggest you do unpivot column on your fields to attribute and values, then you can simply create a DAX formula based on the current attribute to calculate them to get the percent of values.

Unpivot columns (Power Query) (microsoft.com)
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I'm not not sure if i am missing something but when i unpivot the columns all the data is replaced by 'Error'?

steveray_0-1632868179152.png

I am not an expert in power BI or DAX formulas, maybe i am trying to bit off something above my knowledge?

Thanks

Steve

Hi @steveray,

What error message that your query table shows? (you can click on these 'error' to see detailed information)
BTW, I tested with your dummy data and unpivot column works well, you can check them if helps:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUYpMLcZJxupEKxnhUeOXD1ZijEsSrsIEhxxcgSl2Kbi8GVYZiHQsAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Document Request #" = _t, #"1st Draft Complete" = _t, #"2nd Draft Complete" = _t, #"Final Draft Approved" = _t, Uploaded = _t, #"Task Completed" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Document Request #", Int64.Type}, {"1st Draft Complete", type text}, {"2nd Draft Complete", type text}, {"Final Draft Approved", type text}, {"Uploaded", type text}, {"Task Completed", type text}}),
    #"Unpivoted Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Document Request #"}, "Attribute", "Value")
in
    #"Unpivoted Columns"

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

Here is the error meesage

steveray_0-1633644424540.png

Thanks

Hi @steveray,

Perhaps you can take a look at the following link that mention the same error messages if it helps:

Re: project online custom fields - Microsoft Power BI Community
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@steveray , can you share the expected output?

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.