Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

__jeff

Displaying Zeroes in Timeseries bar charts

Hi,

I need to display zeroes in my bar chart - the table that feeds the chart contains zeroes where I want them, but they show up as blanks in the chart. How do I display the Zeroes?

This table feeds my chart:

__jeff_0-1689363197745.png

And here's the chart:

__jeff_3-1689363353644.png

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@__jeff Thanks for posting your query.

I tried to replicate your requirement and it's working for me. Below is the snapshot:

ghoshabhijeet_1-1689368047620.png

Attaching the pbix file for your reference. Hope this helps.

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

This only works in a clustered column chart. I'm using a stacked column chart because the chart bar formatting is more aesthetically pleasing for presentations. 

Is there a way to make this work for Stacked Column chart or can you format the clustered column chart so the spacing and bar widths are simliar to the stacked column chart? (no horizonal scroll, all needs to fit)

Apologies I didn't mention this detail at first.

Thanks.

@__jeff This works in Stacked Column Chart too.

Here is the snapshot from my pbix file. I converted the chart to Stacked Column Chart.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1689370518583.png

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

You will need to put the 'before implementation' field in the legend to experience my issue.

@__jeff  You need to share all the details in one go for getting the solution else it would be difficuilt for someone to provide any solution.

Sorry about that, it is my first post so cut me a bit of slack here - those are all the details though. Should be good to go from here.

Appreciate the help.

@Jeff  Sure.

As per my testing, with the legend on, the chart won't show 0 value in the data label. You can try and use some custom visual from the market place. Hope this answers your question.

Also, you can submit an idea for this requirement in https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/

Good Luck 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.