Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atari35
Frequent Visitor

Displaying Multiple Totals Power BI Matrix with Selected Value

Hi,

I'm having an issue with creating a Matrix Visual that will return custom totals at the end of the table. What I have is rows Categories and Columns have Calendar dates and i want to display Totals, Averages and Variances after the calendar date, which is dynamic based on a slicer, what this means is I will have a slicer to select a month and the Matrix visual will return the last 6 months including the current selected month and also do those calculations like Total, Average , Month on Month Variance and a % Change

Below example i selected the month of June 2023 from my slicer

atari35_0-1695885529587.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you however i got my answer from this youtube video. Very informative, 

Maximizing Power BI Matrix Visual: Displaying Multiple Totals for Better Insights 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can have custom totals, but only as many as you have column fields. In your case you have one field (date) so you get one total.

Thank you however i got my answer from this youtube video. Very informative, 

Maximizing Power BI Matrix Visual: Displaying Multiple Totals for Better Insights 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.