Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display dimension member (current month)

I have a date dimension including two attributes: IsCurrentMonth (Yes/no) and YearMonthNumber (2021-01, 2021-02)

I want to present the current month (2021-06) in the title of the report and would like to create a measure/calculated column that present the current month base on a filter on the IsCurrentMonth Attribute (column)

Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous You could try 

SELECTEDVALUE( 'tablename'[YearMonthNumber] )

or 

CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE('tablename'[YearMonthNumber]),'tablename'[IsCurrentMonth] = "Yes")

or 

CALCULATE(MAX('tablename'[YearMonthNumber]),'tablename'[IsCurrentMonth] = "Yes")

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

To present the current month in the title of the report, you could create below measure to get the current month and put it in a card or text box or something else which can accept a measure.

Current Month = YEAR(TODAY())&"-"&RIGHT("0"&MONTH(TODAY()),2)

or

Current Month = FORMAT(TODAY(),"yyyy-mm")

For the second requirement, I'm not clear what your expected result should be. Could you explain it more clearly (maybe by using some data)?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, I would like to calculate from ther other column (IsCurrentMonth) awhich not always is the same as the "real" calender currentmonth

@Anonymous You could try 

SELECTEDVALUE( 'tablename'[YearMonthNumber] )

or 

CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE('tablename'[YearMonthNumber]),'tablename'[IsCurrentMonth] = "Yes")

or 

CALCULATE(MAX('tablename'[YearMonthNumber]),'tablename'[IsCurrentMonth] = "Yes")

Regards,

Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.