Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lmsp2022

Display 1 row per column with same identifier

Hello,

I am using a table in Power BI. I know I need to add a filter to the page but unsure how to. I need to display only one row for a repetitive value in a column.

Example: These are identifiers specific to a customer. I only want to display 1 line per customer. Please advise.

lmsp2022_0-1644256112094.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lmsp2022 

I only want to display one line for this customer without changing it to a data matrix table.

If you don't want to get a matrix, then I guess summarizing is not the way you expect.
But curious if you only want to display one line when you have multiple items for an identifier, which item do you want to display?
Here is my solution, you can create a measure to rank items for the same identifier, and  then you can select the items you want in the filter pane. 

rank = RANKX(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[ID]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value])),,DESC,Dense)

Result:

vangzhengmsft_0-1644472060911.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lmsp2022 

I only want to display one line for this customer without changing it to a data matrix table.

If you don't want to get a matrix, then I guess summarizing is not the way you expect.
But curious if you only want to display one line when you have multiple items for an identifier, which item do you want to display?
Here is my solution, you can create a measure to rank items for the same identifier, and  then you can select the items you want in the filter pane. 

rank = RANKX(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[ID]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value])),,DESC,Dense)

Result:

vangzhengmsft_0-1644472060911.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lmsp2022

example: this report is to display newly created customers in our system and the item associated with them. There could be 5 items per customer. I only want to display 1 item per customer instead of 5 line items.

lmsp2022

I have a few other columns that will populate data specific to that customer ID. I have a table and values only. I only want to display one line for this customer without changing it to a data matrix table.

Hi @lmsp2022 ,

In that case try to add some kind of summarisation to other columns in the table visual except from ID column.

Pragati11_0-1644260511790.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @lmsp2022 ,

Is this only column in your table visual in Powe BI?

This is only possible if you are moving some other columns in the table visuals along with your ID column.

Share more details please?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.