Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Monica
Frequent Visitor

Dinamic Correlation

Hi!

I've been trying to do what said in this post http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/DAX-as-a-Language/ba-p/22120 with my own data, the problem is that I did all process and I have the correlation but I need that if I do some filter the correlation has to be re calculate, it's because for example I need to find the correlation in different cities. So I changed your code:

//First X

CorrelateX3 = 
VAR AverageX3= AVERAGEX(ALLSELECTED('Llamadas Une'),[Valor])
RETURN	([Valor]-AverageX3)

//Then Y

CorrelateY3 = 
VAR 
	AverageY3 = AVERAGEX(ALLSELECTED('TRPS Une Hogares'),[Trps P Mas 25 MA])
RETURN
	 ([Trps P Mas 25 MA]- AverageY3)

//Finally the corelation

Correlation2 = 
VAR SumCorrelateX3SumCorrelateX3= SUMX(ALLSELECTED('Llamadas Une'),[CorrelateX3]*[CorrelateX3])
VAR SumCorrelateX3SumCorrelateY3= SUMX(ALLSELECTED('Llamadas Une'),[CorrelateX3]*RELATED('TRPS Une Hogares'[CorrelateY3]))
VAR SumCorrelateY3CorrelateY3= SUMX(ALLSELECTED('Llamadas Une'),RELATED('TRPS Une Hogares'[CorrelateY3])*RELATED('TRPS Une Hogares'[CorrelateY3]))
RETURN	(
SumCorrelateX3SumCorrelateY3 / SQRT(SumCorrelateX3SumCorrelateX3*SumCorrelateY3CorrelateY3))

I calculated the x average to testing:

//no filter
AverageX = AVERAGEX(ALL('Llamadas Une'),[Valor])

//Filter, it is like AverageX3

Average lla = AVERAGEX(ALLSELECTED('Llamadas Une'),[Valor])

I found that the error is because the subtraction between [Valor]-AverageX3 it's not ok:

2016-03-30 17_27_26-Sin título - Power BI Desktop.png

As you can see here, the result in CorrelateX3 is equal to subtract Valor-AverageX and not Valor-AverageX3. I don't know why it's happend here, Colud you Help me with this issue? or do you have other idea to do a dinamic correlation?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.