Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Between Two Dates Aggregation

In Power BI I have two tables.

Holidays:

andrewseaman_0-1593721927264.png

Table_1 (My Main Table):

andrewseaman_2-1593721997013.png

In Table_1 I created a measure.  This measure calculates the difference between two dates and excludes weekends and holidays.

image.png

Delta = CALCULATE(SUM(Holidays[Weekend/Holiday]), FILTER(Holidays, Holidays[Date] >= FIRSTDATE('Table_1'[Opened]) && Holidays[Date] < LASTDATE('Table_1'[Closed])))

The issue is, this measure works when each row is individually displayed like above.  However when I remove the dates and aggregate, I get a delta of 353.  Not sure where this comes from, but I would like the average or median delta calculation.  Any ideas?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please try the measure below:

measure =
AVERAGEX (
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Table_1', 'Table_1'[Opened], 'Table_1'[Closed], "_delta", [Delta] ),
    [_delta]
)

measure2 =
MEDIANX (
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Table_1', 'Table_1'[Opened], 'Table_1'[Closed], "_delta", [Delta] ),
    [_delta]
)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please try the measure below:

measure =
AVERAGEX (
    [_delta]
)

measure2 =
MEDIANX (
    [_delta]
)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.