Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CJANE
Helper I
Helper I

Default Date on Report

I have a report that displays total market value for a list of accounts.  The report supports the ability to select a date to see current or historical market values based on date selected in slicer.  Is it possible to default the report so it defaults to the latest date but still give the end user the ability to change the date if they want to see a historical number.  I am trying to prevent the scenario where no date is selected and the total market value is the sum of all dates available.

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CJANE,

Current slicer not support setting default value, I think you can vote below idea which has the similar requirement:

Default Selected Slicer or Tile-By Value Configuration

Regareds,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
JordanAWARE
Frequent Visitor

Hey is it possible to get a screenshot to see how the date/historical data is setup?

Or in your historical calculations you could try add an is filtered:

if ( ISFILTERED('Date'[date],
calculate stuff with filtereddate,

calculate stuff to show with no date filters)

Not sure if something like this will work with your calculations but it is specifiying what to calculate when there is no date filter - which is where you would just calculate your 'default' date

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.