Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Decomposition Tree to filter out 0.00s

Hi all,

Hopefully a straight forward question but not been able to find any articles online so far.. I'm using a decomposition tree to breakdown some sales data. 

In my "analyze" field I have a measure of sales by product and in the "explain by" field I have the sales person. Below is a small flavour of the data I'm working from.. 

ProductSalespersonAmount
Chocolate CakeJim0.00
Chocolate CakeJohn25.00
Chocolate CakeEmily33.00
Carrot CakeJim25.00
Carrot CakeEmily0.00

There is more to it than this but I don't want to pad out this question with unneccesary detail and I think the salient points are below. 

My problem is this: 

When we drill into the sales person level of the decomposition tree we can see For Example Jim has 0.00 sales of chocolate cake, but I don't want to see the 0.00s. I only want to see the lines that have positive figures when I drill into the tree. This is because it is not relevant data to my stakeholders and takes up space unnecessarily. 

I can of course generate a new table and filter out the 0.00s and then use this new table to run the decomposition tree but I would like to avoid cluttering up the model if at all possible. I also am not able to sanitise the table above and remove the rows with 0.00s as this is relevant data required for a different visualisation. 

Any feedback welcome, even if its just to confirm I'm better off generating a new filtered table and using this instead!

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

sreenathv_0-1638360746329.png

sreenathv_1-1638360781809.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.