Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Decomposition Tree to filter out 0.00s

Hi all,

Hopefully a straight forward question but not been able to find any articles online so far.. I'm using a decomposition tree to breakdown some sales data. 

In my "analyze" field I have a measure of sales by product and in the "explain by" field I have the sales person. Below is a small flavour of the data I'm working from.. 

ProductSalespersonAmount
Chocolate CakeJim0.00
Chocolate CakeJohn25.00
Chocolate CakeEmily33.00
Carrot CakeJim25.00
Carrot CakeEmily0.00

There is more to it than this but I don't want to pad out this question with unneccesary detail and I think the salient points are below. 

My problem is this: 

When we drill into the sales person level of the decomposition tree we can see For Example Jim has 0.00 sales of chocolate cake, but I don't want to see the 0.00s. I only want to see the lines that have positive figures when I drill into the tree. This is because it is not relevant data to my stakeholders and takes up space unnecessarily. 

I can of course generate a new table and filter out the 0.00s and then use this new table to run the decomposition tree but I would like to avoid cluttering up the model if at all possible. I also am not able to sanitise the table above and remove the rows with 0.00s as this is relevant data required for a different visualisation. 

Any feedback welcome, even if its just to confirm I'm better off generating a new filtered table and using this instead!

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

sreenathv_0-1638360746329.png

sreenathv_1-1638360781809.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.