Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Day wise comparison with previous year

Hi guys i am facing a problem, i want to comapare week-days with previous year i.e Eg: sunday to a sunday and monday to a monday and assign the comparable days as 'X' and non compoarable days as 'Y'. How can i comapare it. is there any solution Please help me with it.               y1.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Try this solution!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvy5s1mbc3nsnic/Day%20wise%20comparison%20with%20previous%20year.pbix?dl=0

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Proud to be Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sry @Anonymous  i could not able to access the link. i could not open it.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Create a key in your datetable using YEAR(), WEEK() & WEEKDAY()

Then match 18-49-1 with 19-49-1 etc.

Connect on LinkedIn
vminvsky
Frequent Visitor

What I would do is take the WEEKDAY(FIRSTDATE(DATE columns)) for each of the date columns you have. Then I would subtract these two values, for the sake of example let's call it X. This X value will be the transformation constant we'll use to adjust the day of year column. Then I'd create a new column called index in the older table such that INDEX = DAYNUM(DATE (older columns)) - X. Then connect this column and your other day of year column. I'd connect them both to a dates table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.