Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DanielBI
Frequent Visitor

Date not working after appending queries of two types (Google Sheets + Analytics API)

Hey guys,

I am working on a dashboard for our marketing data that should show marketing spent, leads, cost per lead and more.

For the marketing spent data I have two sources:

1."Old" -  A google sheets containing older adwords campaign costs 

2."Live" -  A google Analytics query using the built in PowerBI Analytics Datasource for 2017 campaign costs

Both have the same layout, including columns like "Date","Costs","Clicks". When I use them seperately to build a report, the date hierarchy is shown immediately once I pull the "Date" column into the Axis field. When I append the "Live" Query to the "Old" Query however and try the same thing, the date won't work properly.

Is there a step I am missing? Any common pitfalls I do not see?

Appreciate your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@DanielBI wrote:

Hey guys,

I am working on a dashboard for our marketing data that should show marketing spent, leads, cost per lead and more.

For the marketing spent data I have two sources:

1."Old" -  A google sheets containing older adwords campaign costs 

2."Live" -  A google Analytics query using the built in PowerBI Analytics Datasource for 2017 campaign costs

Both have the same layout, including columns like "Date","Costs","Clicks". When I use them seperately to build a report, the date hierarchy is shown immediately once I pull the "Date" column into the Axis field. When I append the "Live" Query to the "Old" Query however and try the same thing, the date won't work properly.

Is there a step I am missing? Any common pitfalls I do not see?

Appreciate your help!

@DanielBI

Could you share the problematic pbix in your case?

I saw the same happening right now when I connected two tables ("DealSchedule" and "Revenue Execution Targets"). I connected the tables using a "Date Table" in the middle. Once I added the connection, I was not able to use the "Date" column of my "DealSchedule" table as a date hierarchy anymore. Any insight into why this is happening? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.