Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JCK2
Helper III
Helper III

Date fields not aligning

Hello, 

I have created a date filed to use that a master slicer, however for some reason the date field does not seem to be aligned.

Any help is really apprecited 🙂

Not alignedNot alignedDate propertiesDate propertiesDate properties1Date properties1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello All,

I managed to get it sorted, the reason why it was not aligning was, there was a time stamp in the dates for one and the otherone was showing 00:00:00 instead of actual hh:mm:ss. I forced it to be date, instead of Date/Time and was able to do the user relations perfectly.

Thanks a lot for all your support 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @JCK2 

In the first picture, [NC Date Opened] and [Date] are two columns, how do you keep them aligning?

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello All,

I managed to get it sorted, the reason why it was not aligning was, there was a time stamp in the dates for one and the otherone was showing 00:00:00 instead of actual hh:mm:ss. I forced it to be date, instead of Date/Time and was able to do the user relations perfectly.

Thanks a lot for all your support 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

If you all dates are in DD/MM/YYYY format then use this setting

https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

or you can create new column to convert it into mm/dd/yyyy format

mid(DD__MM__YY[Date],4,2) &"/"& left(DD__MM__YY[Date],2) & "/" & right(DD__MM__YY[Date],4
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @JCK2 ,

Could you take another picture where you have filtered both columns on the same date?

Also can you take a picture on how the table relationship looks? 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.