Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Time Format 12 hours to 24 hours Format

Hi Team,

Need help on Date  time format conversions . i have date with time 12 hours formats .

how can i convert into 24 hours format . Any lead will appericate Thanks in advance 

Regards

Shashanka chhanda 

7 REPLIES 7
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

That should be a simple format change in the Query Editor.  If it does not work, then show your data and the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

I am working on streaming datatset . Now i want to change format into last 24 hours and last 7 days record with day names..But all options are available in non streaming datset e-g excel files . can you please help me because i have to publish file without measure according to powerbi limitations to avail the option of piblish to web. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello i have Date Format like 07/09/2019 02: 05.

I want format like 07/09/2019 14:05 .

Can you please write the Dax for this .

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you hake a pm/am in the end of your date, it will be recognized as 12 hours Format just like the following picture.

Date-Time-Format-12-hours-to-24-hours-Format.PNG

But in your sample, power query editor does not know if it is am or pm so it will recognized as 24 hours Format i think.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ DongLi
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don't think this needs DAX function. You just need to go to the power query editor and set the data type to Date/Time. Once that is done if the dates are right it will automatically convert them to 24 hours format. 

If this doesn't solve your problem then it could be the problem with the data itself. Please share the data so that I can study it and provide the solution accordingly.

Regards,

Pradip Microsoft Certified Trainer

Pradip's YouTube Channel

PradipMCT
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous 

can you share your data file? As on my computer it's happening perfectly. I just changed the data type to Time. 

Regards,

Pradip Microsoft Certified Trainer

Pradip's YouTube Channel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I have Date Format like 07/09/2019 02:05 . I want in format like 07/09/2019 14:05.

Can you please write the Dax for this

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.