Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marocas68
Regular Visitor

Dataverse Image

How can I show a image from a dataverse table into my powerBI report?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

In case anyone should happen upon this question.

Im a total novice, heres what Ive learnt.

If Your Dataverse Table has custom (ones you created) Image Columns and you insert an image, the "text" in this column within Power Query will be: 

/Image/download.aspx?Entity=cree3_MYTABLE&Attribute=cree3_image2&Id=36cc42c6-0cd2-ec11-a7b5-000d3a0d0c9c&Timestamp=637879702012941786

In Power Query create a custom column (say "MyImageURL") and add your Company Dataverse URL (This can be found in the datasource settings within BI) in front of your image URL:

https://orgc7cxyz123.crm11.dynamics.com/Image/download.aspx?Entity=cree3_MYTABLE&Attribute=cree3_image2&Id=36cc42c6-0blahblah

In BI you will change the "MyImageURL" column type (data catagory) to "Image Url" in order to be presented with the images. 

If your in Desktop BI you still wont see your MyImageURL images, publish to BI-Online and you will magically see them. However if you create a public embed link of the report and view through a private browser without credentials you wont see the images BUT you will see all the other record fields information. Go figure!?

Same Question, whats the URL to an Image in a Dataverse Table

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marocas68 I have exactly the same problem. I dont know hot to show the image on the report from the image id. Did you manage to solve it? Thanks!

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marocas68

You can display images in table visual. But the image needs to be in one of these file formats: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, or .svg.

Please refer this about how to add images to your report.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Thanks for the answer.
I can handle these types of images.
My problem is that I have the images saved in a Dataverse for Teams "table", and I can't present them in the report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Marocas68 ,

Do you mean screenshot?

Hello @Anonymous ,

I have the App Template Inspection for Teams, and I would like to see in the Power BI report the photos we take and are store inside a Dataverse Table. Is it possible?

Marocas68_0-1626673797371.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.