Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwilkinson84

DataSource Error after grouping appended queries

Hi,

I can't seem to get my head around what should be a really simple issue in Power BI Desktop. I've imported two tables of data (just some fictional sample employee data) from two different SQL databases. In Power BI I have removed some excess columns and renamed the remaining columns so they are the same and the two queries can be appended together. That all works fine, but then when I try to group the resulting query by any column I get a data source error - as though Power BI is trying to find one of the initial database tables, but in the OTHER database!

Any idea why this might be and how it can be avoided?

The error message is as follows:

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: Invalid object name 'HR.Employees'.
Details:
DataSourceKind=SQL
DataSourcePath=laptop-dotmucql;AdventureWorks2012
Message=Invalid object name 'HR.Employees'.
Number=208
Class=16

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwilkinson84,

PG awared this issue and filed a bug to triage this issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

Exact same issue here, in M for SSAS Tabular. Looks like this has lingered for over a year - when's the fix or workaround coming?

Hi Qiuyun,

I am having the same error and can not for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it.  Any suggestions or solutions?

Best,

Charles

Hi Qiuyun,

I am having the same error and can not for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it.  Any suggestions or solutions?

Best,

Charles

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwilkinson84,

I can reproduce the same issue on my side. And I already report it internally, will update here once I get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.