Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

blindsp0tkc2020
Frequent Visitor

Data loaded incorrectly; reloaded with correct data but incorrect data remains

I have a set of data loaded incorrectly for the month of May. When data refreshed, the correct data for May was loaded. Now I have two sets of data for the month of May. How do I delete the incorrect data (~9,000 lines) and keep the correct data? I can't use the "remove duplicate" option in Power Query since the values are different. Is there an option to remove mass data in PBIX?

Scenario

Month             Attribute    Value

May  YTD      OEAT            10      (correct value)

May   YTD    OEAT              5        (wrong value)

Expected Value

May YTD     OEAT            10

But the output in PBIX shows

May YTD    OEAT   15

OEAT YTD

4 REPLIES 4
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Can you explain more about your source data and how you have two sets of data?  There needs to be something to differentiate the data (datetime? ID column?).

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

• Source data is pulled from Essbase on a monthly basis so each file is labeled as "2020-04 Actual", "2020-05 Actual."
  • The April data was saved as "2020-05 Actual" so when it was loaded to PowerBI, it actually loaded April numbers.
  • When the "2020-05 Actual" was finally refreshed to have the actual "May" numbers, it was appended in PowerBI instead of replacing the old "May" data which apparently is April actuals.
  • There are no "load" date that will differentiate the actual May data and the wrong May data.

Hi @mahoneypat 

• The source data is an Excel file.
  • The incorrect data must have been loaded under the month of May in PowerBI.
  • Not realizing its wrong, I refreshed it again resulted in the new values (using Essbase - Oracle). Saved the file, when I refreshed my data, May data source reloaded again in PowerBI.
  • When loaded into PowerBI, the data in PowerBI was not replaced. instead it was appended so now I have two sets of May data.

Hi,

If there is a date of download column in your dataset, then you can filter on that.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.