Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TCData
Frequent Visitor

Targets Without Stacked Column Chart

Looking to put a target column in the background with actuals in the foreground on same chart. It is similar to a stacked column solution with total of the column at the top, but not quite what I need. Let's say my target is 1000 and the actual is 800. I do not want to have a stacked column chart with 800 in one series and 200 on top with 1000 as the total. It is very specific that the target has to sit in the backgorund so it looks like the actuals are "filling" it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TCData ,

I created a sample pbix for you, please check whether that is what you want.

Targets Without Stacked Column Chart.JPG

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TCData
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I was hoping to find a visual, but after searching I cannot find one. Doing it this way was my next option.

TCData
Frequent Visitor

Closer, but still not what I am looking for. See below only as a column chart where the light blue is the target with a data label and the dark blue is the actual value with a data labelActual and Target Column Chart.PNG

Hi @TCData ,

I created a sample pbix for you, please check whether that is what you want.

Targets Without Stacked Column Chart.JPG

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is a great solution! Is there any way to get the Target to show a data label? For example, can 17 show for P6?

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @TCData ,

I guess you are looking for a bullet chart, go to the store for custom visuals and search for bullet:

TomMartens_0-1604524724874.png

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.