Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bh65
Advocate I
Advocate I

Data labels in stacked column line chart not shown when starting the report

I have a report with data labels. See the following screenshot

bh65_0-1663826883729.png

When I start the report view in Power BI Service the data labels are not visible...
like this...

bh65_1-1663826992767.png

After using a slicer on the report page the data labels are visible again.

Is this a report rendering issue ?

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bh65 ,

Based on my test, it could work on my side. Here are my suggestions.

1, It may be caused by the cache, when you publish the report to the service, the data has not been updated in real time, so please try to refresh the report after publishing to the service or clear your cache of the browser as @Tahreem24  suggested.

2, It could also be a network issue at the time. And I suggest that you can try publishing the report to the service again or more to see if the problem arises every time.

3, You can also  change browsers and log back into the Power BI Service.

4, Make sure that the data labels of the visual for the report you published to service is open and that you were not doing any filtering for the visual.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@bh65 Try these 3 things:

1.  Try to clear you cache of the browser

2. Open your report in different browser to check whether the same issue is still persist

3. DO you have any bookmark on that page?

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Thank you for all your hints.
Nevertheless, the problem occurs also in PBI Desktop (not only in Browser/PBI service),
and the data labels are shown by clicking on a slicer...
Yes, I use bookmarks in my report.
See following screenshots (company special information are hidden by red boxes) ...
After opening the report...

bh65_0-1663841217803.png

After clicking on a slicer

bh65_1-1663841325671.png

@bh65 That is happening because of Bookmark. First enable the label then save the bookmark of that page with this state. 

Because Bookmark is used to save the state of the report page. So, it will solve your issue just updating the bookmark with data label on state.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Unfortunately no improvements
1.) I deleted all bookmarks in the report.
2.) I switched the datalabels in the chart settings off
3.) I switched the datalabels on
4.) I set up all bookmarks again
5.) I published the report to the service again

By opening the chart still appears without datalabels (in report and desktop app).
After clicking on any slicer in the report the datalabels appear.

I still have a question.
Do I have to delete all bookmarks on this page ?
Because I have also bookmarks with option "selected visuals" enabled and bookmarks with  option "data" disabled....

bh65_0-1664173724569.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.