Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mehal1996
Helper II
Helper II

Data Table with Multiple Levels

Hi there,

I'm looking to put together a single data table in PowerBI which can show Multiple Levels of analysis. In my data, we have sales opportunties, each opportunity is unique & is given an Opportunity ID. We also have Employees Working on these opportunities where a single or multiple employees can be working on a given opportunity. Also, opportunities can have a single or multiple Products Associated & this is usually alot larger than the count of Employees Working on a given opportunity.

I want to create a single table which provides the below example view. From what I am trying currently, I am always given duplicate rows back if the Employees Working on each Opportunity ID is less that the Products Associated. I understand why this happens, but wanted to see if there is a table or a trick in PowerBI that can help to achieve what I need? Thanks. 

Opportunity IDEmployees WorkingProducts Associated

Jim

Dan

Matt

Apples

Pears

Grapes

Bananas

Kiwis

John

Amy

Apples
3Steve

Pears

Grapes

Strawberries

Mangoes

Passionfruits

Jim

Dan

Matt

John

Amy

Guavas

Apples

Kiwis

Pears

John

Steve

Amy

Matt

Apples

Bananas

Kind Regards

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That's how it is, based on your data and business situation. You have a multi dimensional data model that cannot be meaningfully flattened into a two dimensional table. Like the Pizzeria joke. "I want a whole pizza, and can you please cut it in three halfs..." 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.