Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shris19
Frequent Visitor

Data Modeling

Hi Everyone , I am looking for a clarification in data modelling in power BI.

I have two tables i want to build a relationship between.
One is fact table with all the business values and another one is dimension table.

I have one  column in fact table which is named Question_option_field and has Field name values (distinct values - 214, total rows - 19000) and another column in dimension table named Question_option_field for those Field Values
The catch here is that the dimension table column which i want to connect with the  Fact table column has not all the distinct values (so it only has some values of Question_option_field(field names , around 150 distinct and unique value).
When I am trying to create a relationship between them , it is showing me many to many relationship where it should have one to many relationship.
I want to ask is it happening because i dont have aal the distinct values of filed column in the dimension table column or is there some other reason?? Also does it effect my report??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

Hello @shris19 

this could happen because you have a blank value in the 1-side relationship on the field that the relationship is based on upon . 

if that so, you can replace the blank in power query to #N/A 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
shris19
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much @Daniel29195. It worked.

Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

Hello @shris19 

this could happen because you have a blank value in the 1-side relationship on the field that the relationship is based on upon . 

if that so, you can replace the blank in power query to #N/A 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.