Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gemcityzach
Helper III
Helper III

Data Last Refreshed Card synced with PowerBI Service refresh history

Hey folks,

I developed a report on the desktop that is synced to four SharePoint lists as the query sources. On the report I have a "Data Last Refreshed" card that updates itself when the entire data set is refreshed. Works great in Desktop because I just refresh all of the models and boom I get a new date stamp.

However, when I push it up to the PBI Service (Premium Workspace) and I turn on Refresh Schedule for every hour. The data refresh card no longer updates. It still shows the last time it was updated on the Desktop. How can I get that card to update to show the hourly refreshes as scheduled by the Service?

6 REPLIES 6
bchager6
Super User
Super User

@gemcityzach  One of the only reliable, dynamic sources of data refresh dates I've seen are within Apps. Are you familiar with this?

bchager6_1-1712848491896.png

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gemcityzach 

Much thanks to @bchager6  for the prompt replies. SharePoint lists currently only supports Import connection. You can vote up the idea Microsoft Idea: Direct Query for SharePoint List 

May I know how you create the "Data Last Refreshed" card? How did you get the last refreshed date stamp? There is a common practice to add the latest refresh time to a report, you can refer to Add last refresh date based on a Power BI or OData query section in Add last refresh date to a Power BI report - Azure DevOps | Microsoft Learn 

Usually this won't be a problem. Ideally the report will be updated with latest data shortly after a refresh completes in the service. If you refresh the report visuals manually, will you see the "Data Last Refreshed" card updated? 

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Hi Jing. That method you pasted is essentially what I did. The refresh date stamp only updates when manually refreshing all of the table queries. While the service will trigger and refresh all of the table queries, it somehow does it without updating the refresh card.

bchager6
Super User
Super User

@gemcityzach  There's a way to set up automatic page refresh with direct query, but when using import I believe the visuals need to be refreshed manually.

Isn't a connection to SharePoint considered Direct Query?

Not that I'm aware of

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.