Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JonasDedual
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard Filter by Product and Year

Hi All

I am trying to create a Dashboard. When right clicking on a customer and selecting "Drill Through", it should go to a Dashboard with detailed sales information about this customer. A requirement is that all data for a single customer is shown based on year and product Group. Something like that:

Current YearLast Year2 Years Ago3 Years Ago
Total    

Product A    
Product B    
Product C    
Product D    
Product E    
Product F    

In total I will have 23 Product Groups.

Not sure if that is even possible and where to start. Is there a way to set a filter on Rows and Columns or set a meassure for each individual Field?

Thank you in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All

I have found already a solution my self. It was more simple than I have expected 🙂

I had to use a matrix and use the fields as below:

JonasDedual_0-1618903426761.png

The Result is showing as below:

JonasDedual_1-1618903495469.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

JonasDedual
Helper I
Helper I

Im sorry when I was not clear.

I have a table with sales data. Eatch Row is representing one customer. When doing a Drrill Through it should open a dashboard with detailed sales information about that customer.

And it should be something like that:

JonasDedual_0-1618559622150.png

The  above graph should be a tabular or matrix visual.

I dont think that I have to add more filters on the Drill Through pane because it will have an impact on other data that I am showing on the Dashboard:

My current Dashboar is as below:

JonasDedual_2-1618560589322.png

So I want to add my above requested table visual to the current Dashboard.

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @JonasDedual 

I am not sure how your business or how your case wants to be presented, but please check the below link whether it is what you are looking for.

I roughly created a sample pbix file, and I hope you can have some ideas to start.

All measures are in the sample pbix file.

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcjda2bt9drmk3x/JonasDedual.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JonasDedual , Not very clear to me. In Drill through the report, Disable keep all filter and add other filter you want, I this case you might not want to pass date or something else

for This year, last year and Last to last year you can use with date tbale

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))

2nd  Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))
This year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))
Last year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"12/31"))
Last to last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))

With date option - Year on Year with or Without Time Intelligence
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-ytd-questions-time-intelligence-1-5-e3174b39f38a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km41KfM_0uA

Hi All

I have found already a solution my self. It was more simple than I have expected 🙂

I had to use a matrix and use the fields as below:

JonasDedual_0-1618903426761.png

The Result is showing as below:

JonasDedual_1-1618903495469.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.