Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarkCBB
Helper V
Helper V

DAX relevent date

Hi there,

I created the below Measure, for use in a KPI visual, the problem is the TODAY() part, the today needs to be relevent to the point of time.

KPI Phantom Stock = DIVIDE(
		CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(SALES),DATEDIFF(SALES[LAST RECPT Y/M],TODAY(),MONTH)>=6,SALES[DATE LAST SOLD]="ALERT",SALES[SOH]>0,SALES[LAST RECPT Y/M] >1899-12-30),
					CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(SALES),SALES[LAST RECPT Y/M] >1899-12-30),
					0)

My Sales table has a column for date called "DATE" (I also have a calender table). 

This measure should show me the times that have a DATE LAST SOLD of "ALERT" and the SOH must be greater than 0 and the LAST RECPT Y/M must be >= to the relevent date in teh sales table. 

Hope the above makes sence?

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarkCBB,

It would be better if you could provide some sample data and clarify the expected results. So we can understand it better and try to work out the DAX.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
EAfang
Frequent Visitor

Your explanation is not all that clear. Would be better if you provide a sample data uploaded in OneDrive or Google Drive so one can write the measure for you accurately. But some thoughts;

1. You do not really need the TODAY() function to get the most recent [non-zero] value. If your Calendar table is dates starts and ends same day as the Sale Table dates, then filter directly from Calendar wrapped in an IF([measure] <> BLANK()). Else filter Sales table dates directly with say VALUES(Sales[Date]).

2. Easier to write a smaller measure like 

[Total Sales] = COUNTROWS(SALES)

then reuse it on other measures.

Cheers

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If I understand what you are going for, you could use a variable to get the relevant date and then use it in your formula. I am not entirely clear on where to plug this in because you mention the TODAY() part but it seems like from your description you want to replace the 1899-12-30 part so I'm a bit confused. In any case, you could do something like:

KPI Phantom Stock = VAR mydate = CALCULATE(MAX(SALES[DATE LAST SOLD]),SALES[DATE LAST SOLD]="ALERT",SALES[SOH]>0)

RETURN CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(SALES),DATEDIFF(SALES[LAST RECPT Y/M],mydate,MONTH)>=6)

Something like that, again, not entirely clear on what you are going for here.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.