Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX measure to sum sales for store numbers that are common/same across 3 months

I have a large table that contains sales $s by store number on a daily basis (1 row per store per day).  I'm trying to create a measure that will compare the total sales for each store against the average of the two prior months - however, I only want the measure/sum to include store numbers that are present in each of the 3 months (current month & two prior months being used for the baseline).

So - Jan total $s sold total will be compared to average of Nov & Dec $s total - but only store numbers that are present in the sales data in Nov, Dec & Jan should be included in the totals... 

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Miguel,

The part I'm struggling with is how to identify the common stores across the 3 month range - lets say I have something like this (I'm able to do a distinct for each month to get the strings/values):

Jan = {"A", "B", "C", "D"}

Feb = {"B", "C", "D"}

Mar = {"C", "D", "F", "G"}

How can I write DAX to get the answer: 

Common = {"C", "D"}

Result should be an array as there will likely be hundreds of values/store codes that I will then use as a filter to get the sales for those stores.

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Depending on the way you have the model. Do you have any calendar table?

Asking this because you need to make an intersect between the 3 months values, but to do the filter of the 3 months, But depending on how you have the model there may need to be some adjustments made.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.