Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vkasula01

DAX for deltas

Hi,

I am trying to show trend line with data for about a two years. i have created year slicers for the last three years. So when I click the slicer for the current year the data seems to right and the trend line is showing what I need( difference between this weeks data and the previous week with delta sign).  When I click the previous year  and current year on the slicer , I am able to see two trend lines , but when I click on the data points, the delta sign in the KPI card is showing reverse . For example, when I select data for 2019 and 2020 and August 3rd week, it is performing the difference between current week and previous week for 2019 and difference between current and previous week of 2020 , and perfomring the sum of both the results and showing on the delta KPI. What i need is the diffrence between weeks for individual year based on which data point is selected. ( 2020 or 2019 etc).

Below are the 6 measure i'm using . Top 4 for delta in the card and last 2 for line graph.

1) 2_Down = IF(HASONEVALUE(Summary[WeekNum]) && Sum(Summary[surcharge])> SUM(Summary[Column surcharge]),UNICHAR(9650),"")
2) 2_UP = IF(HASONEVALUE(Summary[WeekNum]) && Sum(Summary[ surcharge])< SUM(Summary[Column surcharge]),UNICHAR(9660),"")
3) Opt_RatioG = var A=CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[surcharge]), FILTER(Summary,MAX(Summary[WeekNum]) = Summary[WeekNum]))*100 VAR B = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[Column surcharge]), FILTER(Summary,MAX(Summary[WeekNum]) = Summary[WeekNum])) *100 Return(IF(HASONEVALUE(Summary[WeekNum]) = FALSE() && A< B, UNICHAR(9660),""))

4) Opt_RatioR = var A=CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[surcharge]), FILTER(Summary,MAX(Summary[WeekNum]) = Summary[WeekNum]))*100
VAR B = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[Column surcharge]), FILTER(Summary,MAX(Summary[WeekNum]) = Summary[WeekNum])) *100 Return(IF(HASONEVALUE(Summary[WeekNum]) = FALSE() && A> B, UNICHAR(9650),""))
5) surcharge 2020 = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[surcharge]),FILTER(Summary,YEAR(Summary[Date]) = 2020))
6) surcharge 2019= CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[surcharge]),FILTER(Summary,YEAR(Summary[Date]) = 2019))

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@vkasula01 

What I can think is to create a slicer table for 2019 and 2020, then filter the trend measures to be displayed in the chart. Please see the attatched sample pbix, I used random values just to show the idea.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The measure which i create is working fine. when i select single year delta(up or down arrow) are working fine.Capture1.PNG

But when I select trend line for multipul years if the user clicks on any of the data point in one of the trend line it sums up the value for that particular week for all the year give the delta based on the sum we get for particular week.

Capture.PNG

Measure used for creating line graph:

surcharge2019 = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[surcharge]),FILTER(Summary,YEAR(Summary[Date]) = 2019))
surcharge2020 = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[Rsurcharge]),FILTER(Summary,YEAR(Summary[Date]) = 2020))

Measure used for creating delta(Up or down arrow):
1) 2_Down = IF(HASONEVALUE(Summary[WeekNum]) && Sum(Summary[surcharge])> SUM(Summary[Column surcharge]),UNICHAR(9650),"")

2) 2_UP = IF(HASONEVALUE(Summary[WeekNum]) && Sum(Summary[ surcharge])< SUM(Summary[Column surcharge]),UNICHAR(9660),"")

3) Opt_RatioG = var A=CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[surcharge]), FILTER(Summary,MAX(Summary[WeekNum]) = Summary[WeekNum]))*100 VAR B = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[Column surcharge]), FILTER(Summary,MAX(Summary[WeekNum]) = Summary[WeekNum])) *100 Return(IF(HASONEVALUE(Summary[WeekNum]) = FALSE() && A< B, UNICHAR(9660),""))

4) Opt_RatioR = var A=CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[surcharge]), FILTER(Summary,MAX(Summary[WeekNum]) = Summary[WeekNum]))*100
VAR B = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[Column surcharge]), FILTER(Summary,MAX(Summary[WeekNum]) = Summary[WeekNum])) *100 Return(IF(HASONEVALUE(Summary[WeekNum]) = FALSE() && A> B, UNICHAR(9650),""))

The requiment is when a user clicks on one of the data point the delts should be crearted based on the particular weeky number for the seleted line(seleted year).

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vkasula01 , See if my week on week blog can help

Power BI — WTD
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-wtd-questions-time-intelligence-4-5-98c30fab69d3
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Week-Is-Not-So-Weak-WTD-Last-WTD-and-This-Week-vs-La...

example

Week Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Week Start date],,ASC,Dense)
This Week = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])))
Last Week = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])-1))
Last year Week= CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=(max('Date'[Week Rank]) -52)))

The measure which I create is working fine. when I select single year delta(up or down arrow) are working fine.Capture1.PNG

But when I select trend line for multipul years if the user clicks on any of the data point in one of the trend line it sums up the value for that particular week for all the year give the delta based on the sum we get for particular week.

Capture.PNG

Measure used for creating line graph:

surcharge2019 = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[surcharge]),FILTER(Summary,YEAR(Summary[Date]) = 2019))
surcharge2020 = CALCULATE(SUM(Summary[Rsurcharge]),FILTER(Summary,YEAR(Summary[Date]) = 2020))

Measure used for creating delta(Up or down arrow):

The requiment is when a user clicks on one of the data point the delts should be crearted based on the particular weeky number for the seleted line(seleted year).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.