Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

David1205
Frequent Visitor

DATA Slice Interaction

Hi community,

I have a table with employee names and the department they work in. I have a data slice in Power BI Desktop that allows me to filter by the desired employee. I now want to add a table in the report that lists all employees who work in the same department as the filtered employee. The problem is that I have to set the interaction of the data slice with the employee name with the desired table to "none", otherwise only the employee filtered in the data slice will be displayed in the table, but not all employees in the department. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @David1205 ,

I created a sample pbix file(see the attachment), please check if that is what you want.

1. Create a name dimension table (DO NOT create any relationship with the fact table)

Employees = VALUES('Table'[Name])

2. Create a measure as below

Flag = 
VAR _emps =
    ALLSELECTED ( 'Employees'[Name] )
VAR _depts =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        VALUES ( 'Table'[Department] ),
        FILTER (ALLSELECTED( 'Table'), 'Table'[Name] IN _emps )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Department] ) IN _depts, 1, 0 )

3. Create a slicer which apply the field [name] of dimension table and a table visual. Then apply a visual-level filter for the table visual with the condition (Flag is 1)

vyiruanmsft_0-1709023355772.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
David1205
Frequent Visitor

Example:

Data Structure:

NameDepartment
LuisMarketing
FrankMarketing
PeterM&A
ValentinMarketing

In my report I set the data slicer "name" to "Valentin". The following table should then be displayed in my report: 

NameDepartment
LuisMarketing
FrankMarketing
ValentinMarketing

Hi @David1205 ,

I created a sample pbix file(see the attachment), please check if that is what you want.

1. Create a name dimension table (DO NOT create any relationship with the fact table)

Employees = VALUES('Table'[Name])

2. Create a measure as below

Flag = 
VAR _emps =
    ALLSELECTED ( 'Employees'[Name] )
VAR _depts =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        VALUES ( 'Table'[Department] ),
        FILTER (ALLSELECTED( 'Table'), 'Table'[Name] IN _emps )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Department] ) IN _depts, 1, 0 )

3. Create a slicer which apply the field [name] of dimension table and a table visual. Then apply a visual-level filter for the table visual with the condition (Flag is 1)

vyiruanmsft_0-1709023355772.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.