Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kc89
Frequent Visitor

Custom labels not showing on 100% stacked bar with small multiples

Hello,

I've tried searching the forums for support on this but couldn't find anything.

I'm plotting survey data where I want to show the level of agreement with four different statements split by two groups - those who had support ('Yes') and those who didn't ('No'). A 100% stacked bar with small multiples is great to visualise this, however I want to be able to show the number of responses rather than % of responses in the data labels, because the base sizes can be quite small and I don't want the %s to be misleading. I don't want to use a standard stacked bar because the number of people in the Yes/No groups won't always be equal and therefore it would make the chart more difficult to interpret.

I've tried using a custom label where I add in 'Count of ID' (the same value used in the chart itself) however the labels don't appear. I read that this could be to do with the labels not having enough room to show, but I've tried making the label text as small as possible / increasing the size of the chart to fill the whole page which still didn't work. Similarly, I tried adjusting the small multiples to only show in 1 column and 1 row so one pair of stacked bars filled the entire page and you had to scroll down to see the others, and that didn't work. The only thing that worked to show the labels was removing the small multiples but this renders the chart meaningless. I've added images below to show the different things I've tried.

I'd really appreciate any help with this! Thank you in advance.

100% stacked bar original, before custom labels added. % labels showing

100% stacked bar original.png

Custom labels added. Labels not showing

100% stacked bar with custom label.png

Custom labels added, small multiples amended to display in 1 row x 1 column so the bars for each statement fill the whole page. Labels not showing

100% stacked bar 1x1 small multiples.png

Custom labels added, small multiples removed. Labels showing, but chart is meaningless

100% stacked bar custom label no small multiples.png

3 REPLIES 3
SH2021
Advocate I
Advocate I

kc89
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! I'll do that now

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.