Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stoppelaar
Frequent Visitor

Custom YTD with different start date

Hi,

I am going nuts trying to find a solution to my qustion, so I hope someone here can helt me!

What I would like to should be simple, I would like to create a YTD TY, YA and 2YA where the starts dates are known but different for each year and I want to have it in my Calendar Table...  

It would look something like this:

YTD TY: 31-01-2021 to MAX Date

YTD YA: 02-02-2020 to MAX Date -1 Year

YDT 2YA: 03-02-2019 to MAX Date -2 Year

Is it possible? 

Many thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to replace ALL(CalendarTable[Date]) with CalendarTable[Date] in all DATESBETWEEN functions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Stoppelaar
Frequent Visitor

Many thanks @Anonymous ! That worked perfect! 

Now they all 3 work as measures but I need them all in the Calender Table, I have tried some Swith and IF but I cant get it to work at all... any good solution here? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I got you right you can try something like this:

YTD type column=var varLastDate=MAXX(Periods,Periods[EndOfWeek])

return 

SWITCH(TRUE(),

CalendarTable[Date] in DATESBETWEEN(ALL(CalendarTable[Date]),"01-01-2021",varLastDate), "YTD TY"

CalendarTable[Date] in DATESBETWEEN(ALL(CalendarTable[Date]),"02-02-2020",DATE(YEAR(varLastDate)-1,MONTH(varLastDate)+1,1)-1), "YTD YA"

CalendarTable[Date] in DATESBETWEEN(ALL(CalendarTable[Date]),"03-02-2019",DATE(YEAR(varLastDate)-2,MONTH(varLastDate)+1,1)-1), "YTD 2YA")

Many thanks @Anonymous ! 

I get a strange error saying "DatesBetween and DatesInPeriod functions are only accepting date column reference as a first argument."

EndOfWeek and Date are both date... 

YTD Test =

VAR varLastDate=MAXX(Periods,Periods[EndOfWeek])

Return
SWITCH(
TRUE(),
CalendarTable[Date] in DATESBETWEEN(ALL(CalendarTable[Date]),"31-01-2021",varLastDate), "YTD TY",
CalendarTable[Date] in DATESBETWEEN(ALL(CalendarTable[Date]),"02-02-2020",DATE(YEAR(varLastDate)-1,MONTH(varLastDate)+1,1)-1), "YTD YA",
CalendarTable[Date] in DATESBETWEEN(ALL(CalendarTable[Date]),"02-02-2019",DATE(YEAR(varLastDate)-2,MONTH(varLastDate)+1,1)-1), "YTD 2YA"
)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to replace ALL(CalendarTable[Date]) with CalendarTable[Date] in all DATESBETWEEN functions.

Amazing many thanks for all support @Anonymous ! have a great day!

Stoppelaar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for quick feedback! 

It solves my YTD TY:

YTD TY test = CALCULATE([Value], DATESBETWEEN(CalendarTable[Date],"31-01-2021",MAXX(Periods,Periods[EndOfWeek])))

But I cant get the YTD YA and 2 YA to work with the same logic... any idea on how to solve that?
Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stoppelaar There are several ways. For example, you can use DATE function like this:

YTD YA = var varLastDate=MAXX(Periods,Periods[EndOfWeek])

return CALCULATE([Value], DATESBETWEEN(CalendarTable[Date],"02-02-2020",DATE(YEAR(varLastDate)-1,MONTH(varLastDate)+1,1)-1))

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stoppelaar You can use DATESBETWEEN function where you point out start and end dates for a period.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.