Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

crobson29
Frequent Visitor

Cummulative total for budget over the month

Hello,

I am trying to create some KPI line charts for my company, the features that they need are a line showing cumulative values for previous month sales, current month sales, and current month budget.  We do not budget at a daily level, so I have created a column in the budget table that shows the budget per day by simply dividing the sum of the budget by the days that month.  I cannot figure out how to make a line that shows the cumulative total for budget.  My current charts use the TOTALMTD function for the previous month and current month, but this doesn't seem to be working since there is not a Day column in the budget.  This also will only show the budget until the current date, I need it to show through the end of the month.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
crobson29
Frequent Visitor

I did not build this dataset, I am using a Semantic Model built by my company, and their date table is not connected directly to the budget.  The way the budget is connected to the rest of the data is through a concatenation of profit center, year, and month, so no date.  What I might do is create a new, separate date table to connect the sales information in one table and the budget information in the other, I will try this and see how it goes

Joe_Barry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @crobson29 

What date is showing in the Budget? Maybe change the the date until the end of the month, this way there should be a calculation until the ened of the month.

You probably have this covered, is the Date table is marked as a date table? And your using the Dates from the date table in the visual?

1. With date in x Axis

2. With Year and Month in x Axis

3. With Day, Month, Year

Joe_Barry_0-1712123545139.png

Joe_Barry_1-1712123658101.png

Hope this helps

Joe

If you found my answer helpful and it solved your issue, please accept as solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.