Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

fparker61
Helper I
Helper I

Cross-Report Drill Through not working

I have a single page summary report. I want to drill through to the summary page of another report (it has a summary and detail page) based on a value in a table from the source report. Basically right click on the table and drill through but it isn't working. I tried just putting a different control on the source report and that didn't work either.  

Steps taken:

• I have set the Cross Report Drill through in settings on both reports
  • I have turned on the Cross Report Drill through in the target (also tried on and off in the summary to no avail)
  • I have made a table (query) in both reports that are identical
  • I have set the drill through in the target to match the data point I want to drill on
  • I have published both to my workspace

Now, I know that a cross report drill through will work as if I make 2 copies of my target report which both have their own drill throughs within the report, I can use either report and drill to the other. 

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fparker61,

What type of report are you worked on? Common power bi report or power bi report server reports? If you mean the second, it does not support cross-report drill through.

In addition, you can also take a look at the official document about cross-report drill through feature usages:

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fparker61,

What type of report are you worked on? Common power bi report or power bi report server reports? If you mean the second, it does not support cross-report drill through.

In addition, you can also take a look at the official document about cross-report drill through feature usages:

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I finally got it working, Thanks. 

What did you do to make it finally worked?  I have the same issue and been playing with various combination but still can't resolve it.  Thanks!

I am following all of the steps and have done a separate report that shows the cross report drill through so I know it works. I just can't get these two reports to talk to each other. I am use Power BI Desktop and publishing to a workspace. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.