Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Yknoff
Frequent Visitor

Creating an Average Projects Completed by Week Measure

Hi all, I am looking for some help on trying to make a measure that will show me the average weekly projects that are completed by a user throughout the year. I have been able to create a measure that will display the cumulative total of projects completed by the buyer, but I am not sure how to create a measure that will divide the cumulative total by the week number.

Below is a sample of the data I have as well as the format I would like the graph to be with the buyer being a slicer. 

Yknoff_0-1638388454344.png

Thanks in advance for any help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yknoff ,

You could try the following measure:

TEST = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Buyer]),ALL('Table'))/CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Weeknum]),ALL('Table'))

It return:

vluwangmsft_1-1638770451158.png

And if in your data ,the week with no data also need to calculate,you could try the below:

TEST2 = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Buyer]),ALL('Table'))/CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Weeknum]),ALL('Table'))

vluwangmsft_2-1638770626520.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yknoff ,

You could try the following measure:

TEST = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Buyer]),ALL('Table'))/CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Weeknum]),ALL('Table'))

It return:

vluwangmsft_1-1638770451158.png

And if in your data ,the week with no data also need to calculate,you could try the below:

TEST2 = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Buyer]),ALL('Table'))/CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Weeknum]),ALL('Table'))

vluwangmsft_2-1638770626520.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.