Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fazzz

Create an Alert

I am trying to create a trigger/alert in the PBI dashboard using a Pro license but I get this message that I need to " select a workspace with a Fabric capacity license.Sign up for the Microsoft Fabric free trial". which I did and logged in to the fabric. But I still get the massage when I try to create the alert.

Any thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9
muhd_1414
Frequent Visitor

I believe you have to "pin to dashboard" first you card. Then you can set alert from the dashboard. Please let me know if you manage to create an alert. 

Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fazzz 
I am trying to create an alert and it is properly working. I have pro license and it is compltely woking fine..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbL2-HJ8clE

Please check the above video for proper guidence.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

no not working for me. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Fazzz , As per document, it should work with pro. 

"in any workspace you can access, if you have a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license."

Make sure you have a pro license. Clear the browser cache and try again.

If still give issue. Log an issue https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Thanks @amitchandak , I do have a pro licence. I did clear browsing data yet still getting the same error message :

Fazzz_0-1698907623631.png

Same error is happening to me.

I have a PowerBI PRO license, (not Fabric license) and I cannot create PowerBI Alerts:

albertoruizlope_0-1702478140702.png

Same issue

i have the same issue, has anyone resolved this?

HI, I have the same issue on my side using a pro licence.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.