Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a slicer to sort the table values

Hi Folks,

Background:

I have a sales representative report which has the following information:

-Slicers: Region(East, West, North, South) -> Sales Rep ID (1,2,3..) -> Product selling(A,B,C..)

-Table:

Rep 1      Rep 2     Rep 3    .............

2016    Total sales       10            20          30

Total Profit      5              8            18

Total Orders    20            40          60

2017    Total sales       20            40          60

Total Profit     10            20          30

Total Orders   5              8            18

So, Basically, this is a Sales Rep Comparison report. Based on the selection of each region, the Sales reps are updated in the Sales Rep Slicer and further the Products they sell are updated. The table is updated based on the selected filters.

Problem:

There are 3 metrics: Age, City, Years of experience. I need a slicer for these 3 values in it.

When the User selects for instance "Age", The Rep1, Rep2, Rep3..... should be grouped based on their Age. 
When the User selects for instance " City", the Rep1, Rep2, Rep3...... should be grouped based on their cities.

Same applies to Years of Experience.

This will help Users to quickly identify which Representatives falls under which category and further they can compare based on that. For instance, If I select "City". All the reps from "Berlin" City should be grouped and displayed in a manner where the users can able to identify them as same city Representatives. 

Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!! 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please help to share sample data of your original table and post expected result based on the sample data here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thank you for a quick turnaround reply! Please find the attached screenshot of Sample tables and the dashboard. Highlighted in Blue is the feature I am looking for:

sample Data and Dashboard for PBI community.JPG

Thank you,

Pradeep.

@Anonymous,

I am afraid that your requirement can't achieved in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.