Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jos818
Frequent Visitor

Create a column to easily use as a filter

Hi, I have 3 columns created in a master table called 'Patients' all rows are at patient level. For this example, we label the columns as A, B and C of which contains either Yes or No alongside their respective unique patientID.

I wish to build a 4th column D in the Patients table (again returning Yes or No) using the logic below

Column D = Patients in A plus Patients in B minus Patients in C.

Can you assist?

Josh 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jos818 ,
Please try the below logic for your calculated column:

Group D = IF(('table'[Group A] = "Yes" || 'table'[Group B] = "Yes" ) && 'table'[Group C] = "No", "Yes", "No")

Below is the result:
aabadalwar_1-1687430872070.png

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jos818 ,

Please try:

D = IF([A]="Yes"&&[B]="Yes"&&[C]="Yes","Yes","No")

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_0-1687421929173.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

apologies I can see the confusion. To clarify the ask with dummy numbers as follows.
I wish to create group D whereby they are either in group A or group B and not in group C.

eg. group A has 2000 patients, group B has 5000 patients, group C has 4000 patients. so group D will only return 3000 patients (with yeses) 

Hi @jos818 ,
Please try the below logic for your calculated column:

Group D = IF(('table'[Group A] = "Yes" || 'table'[Group B] = "Yes" ) && 'table'[Group C] = "No", "Yes", "No")

Below is the result:
aabadalwar_1-1687430872070.png

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.